A Snoring Mouthpiece by Any Other Name
A snoring mouthpiece by any other name would work as sweet… and so we thought. Name is really vital especially for products, not to mention, the claims. However, what would be sweeter is that if they work as what they advertised and promised.
So many choices in the world of snoring mouthpieces and still you don’t know which to choose. Relying on TV commercials and print ads can’t completely shed light to what you need. Here, you are in the right place to learn and know a thing or two about snoring solutions. We will clear your head and remove the confusion. That cloud of doubt will disappear as you read through.
There are many products that stand out in the market for snoring mouthpieces and one of them is VitalSleep. We will enlighten you with information about this specific stop snoring mouthpiece that can be the answer to your misconceptions. Let’s not prolong your curiosity so let’s begin.
What’s in a name? That which we call VitalSleep
Vitalsleep has been around for seven years but already making a buzz since its first inception. Under The Snore Reliever Company that aims to provide a customized and affordable quality sleep to snorers, is a New York based company.
They wanted to provide not just an excellent quality of their product but also improve the quality of your sleep. VitalSleep sincerely stands true to its name because sleep is truly vital in our everyday lives.
The creator of VitalSleep was a man named David Hernandez. He was inspired to revolutionize an effective snoring solution that is inexpensive. He graduated in 1999 with a degree in physical therapy from Daemen College. Hernandez collaborated with Dr. Richard Koffler M.D to design his snoring device.
Dr. Koffler is a graduate from Tel Aviv University in 1993 and has an experience of more than 20 years in medical rehabilitation. A few years later, in 2010, he registered The Snore Reliever Company LLC based in New York City, New York.
David Hernandez has also been plagued with snoring. He was aggravated with chronic exhaustion and fatigue. He then took the recommendation of his dentist and started researching for snoring mouthpieces. What he discovered was disheartening. The anti snoring mouthpieces were of questionable quality and safety. Some were ridiculously expensive for a low-income individual.
When he saw himself shelling out $3000 just for the custom made device. He was disturbed with the idea that solutions to snoring were unviable for many people. Driven by his idea that an effective, high quality snoring mouthpiece should and could be affordable, easy to use, safe , and comfortable: VitalSleep was developed.
VitalSleep is classified as Class II intra oral device for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). It was certified by the U.S. FDA with number K092942 and holds the patent number 8,534,289. With these in hand, VitalSleep is extra confident to give you the solution in your sleep.
How does VitalSleep Work? Let me Count the Ways
Ø The VitalSleep mouthpiece is another type of Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD). It is meant to keep your jaw forward as you sleep. With the jaw moved forward, it keeps the airway open. Due to intra oral (inside the mouth) parts touching each other during sleep, it creates a vibration and it’s expelled out in a loud sound as snore.
The reason why inter oral touches and rubs on each other is because of the jaw falling back towards the throat. Gravity plays a tricky part when you sleep, doesn’t it?
Ø The parts of your intra oral that causes snoring are the tongue, uvula, tonsils and soft palate. So, how do you solve this kind of issue? You need to have a device to hinge the dropping of the jaw. So the best solution for that is a mandibular advancement device that has the capability to do that work.
Vitalsleep does just that. Besides holding the jaw outwards what happens is that it unblocks the airway so as you breathe, airflow passes through smoothly.
Ø It has a patented Accu-Adjust System that allows small adjustments at the lower tray. It increases the opening of your airway just by setting its right and left adjustment screws with the hex tool that is included in the package. It has up to 7 mm forward mouthpiece movement.
Ø It is custom fitted in the mouth by boil and bite method. No need to go to a dentist to assist you in doing this. It has instructions on how to make the impressions of your own teeth.
Ø As VitalSleep is not a one-size-fits-all mouthpiece. It is a well thought idea of an MAD. It is a sleeker and is a low profile design compared to other products available on the market.
Ø It allows you to sleep comfortably in any position as you normally do. Breathing is easy either through the mouth or through the nose to provide you smooth breathing all through the night.
Talk is Cheap… How about VitalSleep Mouthpiece?
The usual question is, “How much will it cost me?” right? It is always a major concern for consumers. This is where this anti snoring device really weighs in compared to its rivals. It is where David Hernandez, the creator of VitalSleep, got his motivation to manufacture a cost effective snoring device. A customizable and inexpensive mouthpiece that people can afford to buy.
VitalSleep is amazingly economical. At $59.95 per mouthpiece and $99.95 for a set of two, this is truly a bargain compared to its counterparts.
There may be limited time promos every now and then that you can look forward to. Another thing you may want to know is about the return policy. It actually offers a 60 day money back guarantee with 1 year warranty that covers free replacement for whichever reason.
The delivery time and shipping costs: No additional shipping fees for an additional mouthpiece.
Same day shipping on the same business day you order via USPS (First Class Mail for Free) if order is placed at 3pm eastern time.
Orders arrive within 3-5 days. Orders outside the USA arrives in 6-10 days. Free shipping cost.
With all these information, you can visit their website at www.vitalsleep.com. Take time to know their refund and return policy because it is important.
I Hear Snoring People
Are you one of them? Or, are you the one who hears snoring people? Either way, you are still considering a stop snoring mouthpiece to solve this noisy situation. And of course, the basic question is, “Is it effective?” or “How effective is this snoring solution?”
According to VitalSleep’s claim, they already got over 200,000 snorers achieve a better quality sleep.That is 88% effective in reducing snoring. Basing on their claim, it is more realistic than others. Even if the efficiency rate is lower compared to other snoring mouthpieces, it is still unquestionably effective.
So let’s take a closer look at what VitalSleep has to offer…
- VitalSleep uses the same technique in treating snoring similar to more expensive anti snoring mouthpieces. It is a mandibular advancement device that hinges the teeth to bring the jaw forward and support it during sleep.
- It’s US FDA certified to decrease snoring giving you an assurance that is safe and effective. Materials are made of FDA approved, medical grade materials, non-toxic, BPA and latex free. It has provided help to hundreds of thousands of people who snore in achieving quiet and quality sleep.
- VitalSleep is proudly made in the U.S. produced from 100% USA sourced materials.
- It’s patented Accu-Adjust System allows miniscule adjustments to the lower tray to increase the opening of the airway just by changing the settings on its right and left adjustment screws with its hex tool.
- VitalSleep is flexible in design that allows side jaw movement for lessened stress and better efficiency. In spite of snoring problems, VitalSleep allows you to go through a better, quality slumber the first time and every single time you wear it.
- This stop snoring mouthpiece is quite durable. It has a lifespan of up to 2 years but still depending on the frequency of use and the way it is being handled.
- Since VitalSleep believes there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all, they managed to produce 2 sizes: one for male and one for female.
- It also includes a protective carrying case for the snoring mouthpiece. Also available is an anti bacterial cleaner for the mouthpiece.
With all these features and benefits, so far, VitalSleep seems appealing in many ways. They considered all possibilities just to make sure that their stop snoring mouthpiece will be efficient and practical.
Sometimes efficiency does not only depend on the product alone but also on how the instructions and guidelines are being followed. No matter how great a product is, if you did not correctly follow the manual, the product will still fail you.
How Do I Fit Thee?
- Using either a pot or a mug, boil water in a pot making sure it is enough to totally immerse the stop snoring mouthpiece. If you want to use a mug, put enough water to cover VitalSleep and put in the microwave until it is boiling.
- Prepare another bowl or a mug of cold water with the same amount of water.
- Making sure that the water is on a full boil, remove the pot from the heat or the mug from the microwave.
- Drop the snoring device making sure it is fully submerged in the hot water. Leave it for 10 seconds.
- Let the mouthpiece cool down for a few seconds.
- Put VitalSleep in your mouth and slowly bite down. Hold it in for 15 seconds while pressing on the device using your fingers to ensure it imitates the molding of your teeth.
- Immerse the mouthpiece in the prepared cold water for one minute.
- Lastly, turn the screws clockwise with the use of the hex tool. Make sure that it is set up to a level where it will be relatively comfortable for you.The snoring device can be safely remolded at least three times. Just do all the procedures and you are good to go.
Hate it or Love it?
To be clear and honest, there is no perfect product in the market that can deliver 100% solution to your needs. Accept that heartbreaking fact. So, these are the PROS and CONS of VitalSleep snoring mouthpiece…
Good adjustment setting. Adjustable with screws
Offers two sizes, available for both men and women, for a better fit.
Amazing reviews online
Lifespan is 1-2 years and has a 1-year warranty
Medical grade material, BPA and latex free.
Easy to clean with an available anti bacterial cleanser.
Can be worn with partial dentures
Hole at the front
Excellent customer service
Company background has few information.
No clinical studies provided for this stop snoring mouthpiece
Can be a choking hazard since it has screws and small parts
Still can’t be worn by people with full dentures, dental prosthesis, braces, weak teeth, crown, and molding
Depending on your preferences, whether the cost, durability, efficiency or whatever things you want to consider, the choice is still yours. It really is hard to choose when your option is too broad.
The aim is to have the best sleep you can achieve every time you go to bed. The product that you choose will determine the quality of your sleep. Do not disregard the health risks in using snoring mouthpieces. Always consult your doctor before purchasing such device to avoid health problems in the future.
If you have sleep apnea, never take the chance of using an anti snoring mouthpiece without your doctor’s advice. For dental issues, visit a dentist and have your teeth checked and evaluated if you are allowed to use such snoring devices.
Do not compromise your health and keep it at the top of your priority list. Sleep is important that is why you need to do your research. Your health is also important so if there are red flags, never disregard a doctor or a dentist’s opinion, so you can sleep happily ever after.