As trivial as it may seem, snoring is quite a big problem in terms of health and comfort. All around the globe, 25% of adults are habitual snorers while 45% tend to snore occasionally, most of which are men. For a person to work properly and maintain a good health, getting unperturbed and peaceful sleep is compulsory.
Snoring is known to cause sleep deprivation to snorers and especially the people around them which further leads to irascibility, lack of focus, drowsiness and laziness.
It can be a nuisance to anyone around the snorer. Harsh and heavy snoring may be associated with a condition called obstructive sleep apnea which is a risk factor for a number of diseases like heart disease, stroke, diabetes or many other diseases.
Everyone wants to enjoy a good and peaceful sleep in order to continue his/her daily affairs in a proper manner. Snoring is one of the many problematic issues that people face today.
Mostly, snoring affects people who are aged, obese, sleep deprived or those who are on medication. It has been noticed that as much as snoring affects the snorer, it has a lasting impact on the mental and physical health of the person who’s sleeping next to the snorer. Without enough peaceful sleep, the mind and body do not function normally. This increases the chance of early death by 12%.
What is snoring?
Snoring can be defined as the vibration of the soft palate resulting in deep, hoarse sounds of breathing while asleep. The symptoms of snoring include waking up with a sore or dry throat, sleep deprivation, headaches in the morning, moodiness and irritability. Snoring can be caused because of any of the below-mentioned possibilities
- The weakness of throat, causing it to close during sleep can disturb the normal air passageway.
- Obesity, resulting in excessive fats around the throat can also make the throat congested.
- Improperly positioned jaw caused by muscular tension is also a major cause in snoring heavily.
- Sleep deprivation can also be a reason for disturbed sleep and snoring.
- Sleeping on one’s back makes breathing difficult and the chest is unable to expand and contract properly which causes a person to snore
- Excessive smoking or consuming alcohol is also one of the many reasons of snoring
Although there are no certain treatments or medications that can completely cure snoring but doctors do suggest a change in lifestyle to improve one’s snoring conditions.
Snorers are suggested to lose weight, stop smoking, make their alcohol consumption lesser, sleep on their side and avoid taking any sedative medication before bedtime. If the snoring is due to nasal congestion or allergic reactions, medications can help. Another treatment for snoring is surgery which removes the extra bulky tissue from your throat making it less congested and spacious enough for the air to pass easily.
A number of other over-the-counter aids such as nasal strips, nasal aid, nose clips, lubricating sprays and anti-snore pillows are also used.
Over a decade of research, science has proven how effective anti-snoring mouthpieces can be. Without further ado, here is a review about one of the best anti-snore mouthpieces called a Snore Guard. It helps in making breathing easier for people who have congested airways due to multiple reasons. It also reduces snoring by 80% while making sleep more peaceful and less troublesome.
Snore guard has emerged as one of the most reliable and effective anti-snoring mouthpieces invented up to this date. Snore Guard not only looks different from all other mandibular advancement devices (MADs) but it has a whole lot of other advantages too.
Being budget-friendly is also one of the many qualities that make Snore Guard the priority of countless people all around the world. People who snore habitually cannot enjoy a peaceful sleep which results in a disturbed work routine, a sour mood and bad behavior.
To avoid all this, science has brought us numerous devices which are the solution to our problems. Snore Guard is also science’s answer to our snoring issue.
How does snore guard work
Looking closely into the product, it has two jaws. An upper jaw and a lower jaw. Both jaws are made up of smooth and non-irritating plastic. The upper jaw wraps around the teeth and inner lips. This device is designed to hold your jaw in an advanced position which keeps the airways free of obstruction when you sleep.
As we sleep, all of our body muscles relax along with our tongue, jaw and throat muscles.With the relaxation of these, the smaller tissues come close together. In some cases, these tissues touch each other causing an obstruction. As air passes through these tissues normally, they vibrate and make irregular noises that lead to snoring, causing a disturbed sleep and an irritated partner or roommate.
Pros of Snore Guard
- Snore guard has an air flow port in the front which allows you to breathe through your mouth. This is especially for people who have allergies or sinus issues.
- It is cheap and economical, unlike other mandibular advancement devices, saving a lot of your money and helping you enjoy a good night sleep.
- The plastic used in the manufacturing of this product is non-irritating and smooth making it comfortable for the user.
- You can customize the size and shape of your Snore Guard by the boil and bite technique.
- There are no special, expensive cleaning products to buy with the Snore Guard. It is very easy to maintain and can be cleaned with regular water.
Cons of Snore Guard:
- The enormous design of this device can be irritating and invasive.
- The lifespan of the Snore Guard is very less. Usually up to 4 months.
- The lower jaw cannot be adjusted according to the user’s needs.
- It may cause excessive drooling or extreme discomfort to some user’s during sleeping. It can cause pain in the lower jaw.
- This product is not suitable for people who have braces, bridgework, crown, dentures etc
- It may stiffen the mouth in a certain position and make it difficult to chew or speak.
Snore Guard is the perfect device for people who have disturbed sleep at night due to snoring, causing sleep deprivation and other health disorders. It is an economical, health-friendly and comfortable product made to help snorers keep their life normal and their sleep comfortable.